Thursday, August 30, 2012
Posted by Usama Wahab Khan at 3:03 AM
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Best practices are, and rightfully so, always a much sought-after topic. There are various kinds of best practices:
- Microsoft best practices. In real life, these are the most important ones to know, as most companies implementing SharePoint best practices have a tendency to follow as much of these as possibly can. Independent consultants doing architecture and code reviews will certainly take a look at these as well. In general, you can safely say that best practices endorsed by Microsoft have an added bonus and it will be mentioned whenever this is the case.
- Best practices. These practices are patterns that have proven themselves over and over again as a way to achieve a high quality of your solutions, and it's completely irrelevant who proposed them. Often MS best practices will also fall in this category. In real life, these practices should be the most important ones to follow.
- Practices. These are just approaches that are reused over and over again, but not necessarily the best ones. Wiki's are a great way to discern best practices from practices. It's certainly possible that this page refers to these "Practices of the 3rd kind", but hopefully, the SharePoint community will eventually filter them out. Therefore, everybody is invited and encouraged to actively participate in the various best practices discussions.
This Wiki page contains an overview of SharePoint 2010 Best Practices of all kinds, divided by categories.
Posted by Usama Wahab Khan at 12:02 AM
Using #jQuery to attach regular expression validation to a #SharePoint list form field>SP2010 >PS2010 >ProjectServer >in
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Posted by Usama Wahab Khan at 11:48 PM
SharePoint 2013 applicaiton model is very strong approach for developer to leverage there skil and developer wornderful apps except using any sever side code. as we know Sandbox solution is deprecating in sharePoint 2013 because of so many ressones. but SharePoint 2013 open new door for developer to develop,market,earm Apps.
- Easy install,buy from App Market.
- Easy to sale and market on App Store.
- Safe SP Extentions for admin. easy Upgrads and deployments.
- use non sharepoint progamining skills like qjuery,html5,mvc to create beautiful app.
- leverage SharePoint Cross Domain js libaries and sharepoint Data with oAuth. SharePoint rest/OData Service. to use sharePoint Objects like Site,list,libaries.
- They maximize your flexibility in developing future upgrades.
Posted by Usama Wahab Khan at 12:25 AM
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Posted by Usama Wahab Khan at 3:03 PM
Friday, August 3, 2012
A Claims Provider in SharePoint 2010 issue claims and pakages claims into securty tokens. how claim wok. first user get the token from claim provider in sp then login into SharePoint 2010. mostly it use for to augment claims and provide name resolution.
Claims augmentation start after user login to Claims Authentication Site. to remeber that the user is running on claim in authentication sharepoint 2010 site.it can be
1 widdows (NTLM(Out of box default.) or Kerberos Protocol)
2 form-Based Auth (by using ASpnet membership role provider framework)
3 Security Assertions Markup Language (SAML) claims (when you log on by using a security token service (STS), such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0)
like most commonly problem in share point 2010 with search resolve in People Picker for trusted Login Providers. for example if your typing in Seach of public picker to validate user and its not resolving. to solve this Problem in sp2010 you have two ways.
Custom Claim Provider
Replace the Dfault Claims Provider with your own.
$trusted = Get-SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer -Identity "Trusted Login Provider Name Goes Here"
$trusted.ClaimProviderName = “name of your custom claim provider” //in your claim provider you need to override the SPClaimProvider.Name; use that value here
Writte Code for claim Provider Walkthrough
Creating Custom Claim Provider
Claim Based Architecture